Cable tie guns for optimal tensioning and smooth cutting of cable ties
Cable tie guns – reliable, convenient, for long-term use
Cable tie guns are not all the same – and for good reason. While some cable tie processing tools are suitable for areas that are difficult to access, other cable tie guns must function without electricity when used in mobile applications. There are also the durability and efficiency requirements of modern series production to consider: Cable tie tools must always be reliable and convenient, even during long-term use.
That’s why HellermannTyton offers a comprehensive range of cable processing tools, including manual and pneumatic cable tie guns plus unique automatic cable bundling tools.
Cable tie guns are the ideal solution for optimum tensioning and cutting of cable ties flush to the cable tie head. They eliminate the sharp snags that conventional wire cutters leave behind. Cable tie guns also help accelerate bundling processes and professionalise the tying of cable ties made from various materials and sizes.
See in this video how to cut cable ties safely and without sharp edges using a professional cable tie gun. The EVO7 cable tie gun featured is one of the most lightweight yet robust manual cable tie enough for industrial processing of cable ties:
Automatic cable tie guns
Autotool CPK hybrid: fully automatic, fast and process-reliable cable tying system
The electrically operated Autotool CPK hybrid bundling tool is a leader in terms of process reliability and automation. It works fully automatically and accelerates cable tying processes considerably. Bundling, threading, tensioning and cutting are done at the touch of a button – with constant quality. This automatic bundling tool makes faster and more effective processing possible.
Depending on the application the CPK hybrid can either be used with the corded Power pack or cordless with CAS battery that can be integrated into the handle. Perfect when the nearest power outlet is further away, e.g. in solar parks.
This automatic cable tie gun is able to stand up – so you can easily place it onto the workbench. Bundling, threading, tensioning and cutting are done at the touch of a button – with constant quality. This automatic bundling tool makes faster and more effective processing possible.
Interested in having the CPK hybrid presented live, based on your specific application? Request your free onsite demo here.
- Cycle time: up to 0.65 seconds per setting depending on quality and force
- Bundle diameters up to 20 mm
- Includes "HT Data Management" software for complete documentation of each repetitive cable tie processed
- Special functions enabled trough software, e.g. definition of the bundle diameter independent of the bundle size
- Software settings controllable via display or computer
- Processing of bandoleers of 50 cable ties or reels of 3,500 cable ties
- Ideal for applications with high quality requirements, e.g. large-scale series production
Power supply via:
- CPK CAS Battery 18V – up to 8,000 ties with one battery charge, only approx. 30 minutes battery charging time
- Power pack CPK – input: 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz; output: 25.2 V DC max. 150 W
- Power pack CPK with control box for integration into automatic production systems – input: 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz; output: 25.2 V DC max. 150 W
- Bench mount kit CPK for stationary use
- Overhead suspension CPK for flexible use
- Stand-off HH20 spacer for optimal bundling positioning
- Tensile force measuring device with optional robot adapter
Autotool System 3080: fully automatic, waste-free continuous bundling tool
The electrically operated Autotool System 3080 tool enables waste-free tying of bundles at various diameters. The tool can be used both stationary and flexibly. A special device available for the Autotool System 3080 allows it to be integrated fully into automated production lines.
The tying of foot parts with a cable tie gun can be fully automated.
- Cycle time: 1.1-2.4 seconds, depending on bundle diameter
- Bundle diameters up to 80 mm
- Constant, high quality bundling
- Outside-serrated strap protects the bundle from damage
- No strap wastage thanks to separate closure head
- Includes three quickly changeable jaw sizes with diameters of 30 mm, 50 mm and 80 mm
- Industry-compatible and material supply efficiency through two-piece consumables
- Consumables are available on reels of 500 m strap and chains of 5,000 heads – ideal for large-scale production
- Mounting device for stationary use including foot pedal or switch
- Mounting device for horizontal use in fully automated production lines
- Automatic assembly device suitable for use in fully automated production lines
- Suspension device enables flexible use. Can be suspended from suitable running rails.
How to use the automatic cable tie gun ATS3080?
From a handy hanging device to automatic production in a robot: By using our Autotool System 3080 you can save a lot of time.
Discover now the different possibilities for your application: here in this video.
Manual cable tie guns
For plastic cable ties: EVO7 and EVO9 – precise, reliable tensioning and cutting
With the EVO family of cable tie guns, HellermannTyton offers you the most ergonomic and durable manual cable tie tools on the market. Comfort and function are combined to provide high-quality repeatable cable tying results at a wide variety of tension settings.
The technology in the EVO7 and EVO9 cable tie tools significantly reduces the amount of force required to tension and cut cable ties. The EVO family cable tie processing tools feature quick adjustment for changing between tension setting ranges.
- Ergonomic, non-slip grip for comfortable, secure grip
- Different grip widths for optimum comfort: EVO7 and EVO9 (90mm), EVO7SP and EVO9SP (80mm)
- TLC (Tension/Lock/Cut) technology for fast, precise tying and cutting
- with minimal effort
- Very low-maintenance thanks to extreme durability
- Simple tension adjustment using rotatable knob
- Flush, safe cutting of the cable tie directly at the head
- Virtually no recoil
- Cable tie widths: EVO7 up to 4.8 mm; EVO9 up to 13.5 mm
- Narrow nosepiece for installation in tight spaces
- Individually adjustable and calibrated tension settings
For metal cable ties: MK9SST, up to 16 mm strap width
With its lightweight, ergonomic design, the MK9SST cable tie gun is an ideal tool for applying the MBT series stainless steel cable ties. Although it is used for applying stainless steel cable ties, the MK9SST cable tie gun enables work to be carried out without operator fatigue.
For easier handling the tensioning is fully adjustable by means of a quick two level control with an additional fine setting. This feature means that damage to the bundled materials is easily avoided. The cable ties are automatically cut off flush with the head when the preset tensioning level has been reached.
The EVO KR: Fast, adjustable and consistent application of vibration-resistant KR-Series ties
With its ergonomic design, the EVO KR cable tie gun allows for effortless application of vibration-resistant KR cable ties, thereby reducing operator fatigue. The tool – which is made in Germany – incorporates all the processing advantages of our proven range of EVO cable tie tools and comes with plenty of other features:
- One-handed operation: tension, secure, lock and cut the ties with only two steps and using only one hand
- Sideways insertion: makes it easier and faster to insert the ties – it is based on the trusted EVO tool design
- Tension adjustment: the cable tie can be tightened according to specific tension requirements
- Calibration: specified tension forces can be preset in the tool – the tension will always be consistent and cables cannot be damaged
- EVO-Series-Design: The durable yet lightweight housing ensures even more reliability – it withstands chemicals and drop tests in the toughest environments
Pneumatic cable tie guns for plastic cable ties
MK3PNSP2: fast, reliable, low maintenance processing tool
The MK3PNSP2 cable tie gun is pneumatically operated. It is characterised by its high bundling speed and is often used in large-scale series production, on wiring harness assembly lines and in cable assembly.
The processing of cable ties is very easy with this cable tie gun: A push on the button and the cable tie is tensioned and automatically cut directly at the head. The smooth cut edge prevents injuries.
The strap cut-off is ejected automatically to eliminate process interruption.
Zip tie cutter: remove plastic cable ties safely with the EVO cut
The cable tie cutter EVO cut is used for the safe removal of plastic zip ties. So fare cable ties have been removed with a standard side cutter that runs the risk of damaging the cable, with the new EVO cut cable tie removal tool the wire insulation remains intact.
The EVO zip tie cutter is ideally suited for large-scale industrial applications in the field of cable assembly.
It is made of a lightweight ergonomic plastic housing of glass-fibre reinforced polyamide. That’s why it is easy to operate with one hand.
One reason why the bundled goods remain unharmed are the precisely adjusted blades.
However, to ensure that only the cable tie is cut and not cable sets, the matching nosepiece is also required depending on the zip tie width and thickness.
For this reason, our zip tie cutter is available with three different nosepieces:
Here you find an overview about the nosepiece sizes you can use to cut HellermannTyton cable ties safely:
All three nosepieces are securely attached to the EVO cut and can be easily changed using a simple push system.
A light press on "Push" releases the locking mechanism and the front cap can be pulled off. The front nosepiece can be put back on just as easily.
The HellermannTyton Service
Our in-house team of developers can also implement individual cable tie tool requirements for you – from the smallest cable tie guns to automatic bundling systems.
In collaboration with you, we can make specific adjustments or develop completely new cable tie bundling tools. At our site in Tornesch, Germany, HellermannTyton technicians manually install and service some 500 parts per automatic cable tie gun.
Fitters and installers can rely on cable tie processing tools from HellermannTyton to be of the highest quality and effectiveness.
The range of cable tie guns is bigger than you probably imagine: Our portfolio includes cable tie tools for every need
Automatic cable tie guns for plastic cable ties:
Pneumatic cable tie guns for plastic cable ties:
Pneumatic cable tie guns for stainless steel cable ties:
Manual cable tie guns for plastic cable ties:
Manual cable tie guns for stainless steel cable ties:
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What does TLC mean?
TLC technology stands for Tension/Lock/Cut. This bit of technology makes all the difference in the EVO7 and EVO9 cable tie guns.
The cable tie is tensioned to the preselected tensile force.
Once the selected tensile force is reached, the cable tie gun automatically clamps the cable tie strap. The manual force usually required to keep the cable tie tensioned is no longer required.
All the user has to do is pull the cable tie gun lever back gently. Very little force is required for the flush, smooth cut.
The benefit of the TLC technology in the EVO cable tie tools is immediately obvious to anyone used to conventional cable tie guns. Locking the tensioned strap before the cut reduces the mechanical strain on the tie, the blade and the operator’s muscles. The lack of recoil helps minimise repetitive strain injuries when operators manually tie thousands of cable ties per shift.
Where do you need automatic bundling systems?
Automatic bundling systems such as the Autotool 2000 CPK and the Autotool System 3080 are suitable wherever very large numbers of cable ties have to be processed and constant quality guaranteed - e.g. in wiring harness assembly, in the automotive industry, in industrial plants or in the packaging sector.
Why are there cable tie pliers with different grip widths?
How does a cable tie gun work?
Cable tie guns are often used when cable ties are processed in large quantities. The aim is to make it easier to tie large quantities of cable ties quickly and cut off the excess strap flush to the tie head. Cable tie guns also help tension and cut cable ties in hard-to-reach spaces, or at awkward angles, using one hand.