The company with which you are employed, HellermannTyton GmbH, Grosser Moorweg 45, 25436 Tornesch, Germany (hereinafter: “HellermannTyton” or “we”), is the data controller under applicable data protection laws and provisions for the personal data that we collect from you. The data controller decides on the purpose and the means of processing your personal data.
The processing of your personal data is necessary in connection with your employment with HellermannTyton.
If you have any queries concerning your personal data, please contact our data protection officer for HellermannTyton GmbH:
Tel.: +49 41 22/701-161
HellermannTyton GmbH, Grosser Moorweg 45, 25436 Tornesch, Germany
Categories of personal data affected
The following list contains the categories of personal data that may be processed. Please note that not all of the personal data contained in the following list will necessarily be processed. The examples listed under the individual categories are not exhaustive.
Personal data, e.g. name, date of birth, social security number, gender, nationality, family status, photo
Organizational data, e.g. personnel number, job description, position, place of work, business unit, department, superior, directly subordinate employees
Contact data, e.g. private address, e-mail address, telephone number
Data on salary and employer’s benefits data, e.g. salary, salary reviews, tax deductions, pension information, bank account details
Data for employment management, e.g. employment contract and other agreements, application details or other forms, e.g. in connect with parental leave, information on date of commencement and termination of employment
Time data, e.g. working hours, number of hours worked, holidays, granting of leave (parental leave, sick leave, etc.)
Security data, e.g. access cards, access rights and the usage of access cards and rights
Health and safety data, e.g. information on sick leave, occupational accidents, rehabilitation plans, medical examinations
Performance and assessment data, e.g. evaluations, assessments and records of disciplinary measures, where present
Competency data, e.g. records of learning and training activities
Travel administration data, e.g. information on business trips, booking data, passport number, company credit card number, travel expense accounting and expenses
Help desk and support data, e.g. questions from you/your supervisor/the personnel department in connection with your employment or IT equipment or the support you have received in this connection
IT-related data, e.g. user ID, passwords, log-in data as well as data and protocols on your use of IT equipment or services of HellermannTyton in accordance with the applicable IT guidelines
Some aspects of health and safety data are considered as “sensitive data” according to the applicable data protection laws and are handled with particular care. Sensitive data is only processed in the case of legal obligations, on the basis of a works agreement and/or explicit consent.
Personal data (name and contact data) of persons that you have nominated as contacts in the event of emergencies may also be processed to a limited extent.
We are, for example, legally obliged to report your income to the Tax Office.
We have to process your personal data, for example, in order to pay your contractually agreed salary.
Our legitimate interest primarily involves carrying out normal business operations, protecting technical facilities and equipment and conducting internal checks. In order to ensure that the processing of personal data takes place on the basis of legitimate interest, we perform case-by-case assessments.
In exceptional cases and only if no other legal basis applies, we will ask you for your explicit consent to the processing of your personal data. You may withdraw your consent at any time. However, this has no effect on the lawful processing based on your consent before the withdrawal.
Purposes of processing
Your personal data, as listed in the examples under “Categories of personal data affected” will be processed for the general purposes indicated below. The examples listed under the individual purposes are not exhaustive.
• To enable your registration in the systems of HellermannTyton and general administration of your employment with us.
• To enable the proper usage of licences
• To enable the upkeep of an up-to-date organizational chart and employee records, including the drafting of internal reports and statistics
• To enable the payment of salary, pension and other employer’s benefits to you as well as salary reviews, including the drafting of internal reports and statistics
• To enable the tracking of projects
• To enable reporting to authorities as legally obliged, e.g. tax authorities
• To enable the recording of your working hours/periods of leave for purposes of remuneration and invoicing
Requirements under employment law
• To enable the fulfilment of obligations in accordance with company agreements or employment law
Safety of the working environment and product safety
• To enable the fulfilment of our obligation to provide a safe working environment (including access control and prevention of unauthorized access to the site or operating equipment), as well as additional obligations relating to the working environment in accordance with occupational health and safety or employment laws
• To enable the fulfilment of obligations in connection with product safety and quality
• To enable activities relating to the development/improvement of competencies and performance evaluations
• To enable and recommend learning and training activities
• To enable the execution of work assignments, e.g. writing of e-mails, drafting of documents, reports, preparations, drawings, etc.
• To enable business trips
• To enable the answering of questions from you/your supervisor/the personnel department in connection with your employment or IT equipment or the provision of support required for you to be able perform your work assignments
• To enable inspection to be conducted in connection with the applicable guidelines from HellermannTyton, including the Ethics Policy and the IT Guideline to ensure that such guidelines are observed and to investigate any allegations of prohibited activities.
Source of the personal data
We receive your personal data primarily from you yourself, your superior or other third parties to whom you have referred us for the purpose of obtaining personal data. Some personal data may also be automatically generated by the IT system of HellermannTyton or corresponding systems, such as when creating your User ID.
Data transfer to third parties
If it is necessary for the processing of personal data, we transfer your personal data to other companies within the corporate group or to external sites. These also include companies outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area. We do of course ensure that the data recipients offer a sufficient guarantee that the data will be used lawfully and securely and that they are contractually obliged to observe the statutory regulations.
Furthermore, we reserve the right to transfer personal data to third parties if we are forced to do so by law, judicial decision of the responsible court or decision by the relevant public authority or if we are compelled by actions or omissions on your part to have our rights, property or assets protected or asserted by relevant public authorities.
Your personal data will normally be stored during the period of your employment relationship. After termination of your employment relationship, we will only store personal data that is regarded as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was obtained and only until this purpose has been fulfilled and, if for a longer period, only until it may be necessary in order to fulfil the obligations relating to matters of a statutory or fiscal nature or to employer’s benefits or in order to fulfil statutory requirements in the case of actual, pending or expected disputes or claims.
Your rights as data subject
Right of access (Art. 15 GDPR): You can request information at any time on whether and which personal data is being used by us, for what purposes the processing is taking place, where the data originate from, to which recipients the data is transferred if necessary and how long such data is stored by us.
Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR): If you see that personal data concerning you is incorrect, you can demand that such data be rectified at any time. Where in your view data are incomplete, you can also demand that data should be completed.
Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR): If, in your opinion, the use of your personal data is no longer necessary or is taking place without sufficient legitimate basis or is unlawful for other reasons, you can demand for this data to be erased.
Right to restriction of processing (Art 18 GDPR): Instead of the erasure of data, you can also demand the processing of your data to be restricted if data is being processed unlawfully. In particular, you can also demand such a restriction of processing when you contest the accuracy of data or you have objected to use of the data.
Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR): With respect to personal data that you have provided yourself and which are being used on the basis of a contract or consent, you can demand for this data to be made available to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You can also demand for this data to be transferred directly to another controller.
Right to object (Art 21 GDPR): If grounds arise relating to your particular situation that render use of your personal data that we process on the basis of a balancing of interests impermissible, you have the right to object to such use of the data. If your personal data is used for direct marketing, you do in any case have a right to object.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR): If in your opinion, your rights relating to the personal data concerning you have been infringed, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In particular, you may contact the supervisory authority responsible for your place of residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
To send us an enquiry relating to your data, please complete this request form.
Please send the completed form by post or e-mail to our data protection officer for HellermannTyton GmbH:
Tel.: +49 41 22/701-161
HellermannTyton GmbH, Grosser Moorweg 45, 25436 Tornesch, Germany
Please remember to attach documents that enable your identity to be verified.