Cable identification: obligatory for profitable panel building
Control and clarity are especially important in the panel building industry. With the right markers as part of a clear cable management system, you can install in a highly compact manner, which in turn enables you to save the space you need within the control panel. Flexibility is a key factor in many electrical engineering projects – and we have developed manual identification systems for this very purpose. Take our RiteOn self-laminating labels for individual cable identification, for instance, which make your work easier and help you save time.
Discover more in our blog article.
Take a sneak peek
Look behind the scenes at HellermannTyton and find out what makes us tick. Our employees, who think of nothing but products and how to maximise functionality, have their say. Our cameraman decided to find out more.
Don't struggle over every cubic centimetre.
Save yourself space with our products.
1) HelaDuct HTWD-PN: Wiring ducts for cables with small diameters. Remove the fins safely and easily using the perforated breakage points. Particularly narrow ribs and slots
2) HelaDuct HTWD-PW: Wiring ducts for cables with larger diameters.
3) Helawrap HWPP: The ideal solution for bundling and protecting cables and lines.
4) HelaDuct Flex: Flexible cable harnesses for clarity in line management, even at step inclines.
5) Panel labels: Low-cost alternative to engraved plastic signs. No additional sign holder necessary and easy to print on site.
6) WIC: Fast and easy labelling. Also suitable for retrofitting.
7) Helatag 1209: Resistant labelling with excellent protection against humidity and mechanical abrasion thanks to protective laminate.
8) IT cable ties: For easily combined labelling and bundling.
Cable tie and fixing systems
9) Q series: Cable tie system with open tie head offers up to 25% faster connection with its ease of use.
10) SolidTack: Mount with very high adhesive strength – even on low surface energy materials.
11) T50R0SFT6 cable ties: Teeth are placed on the outside, protecting the bundled product, christmas tree fastener enables variable attachment (sheet thickness).
12) HIS-3: For effective insulation and colour-coding.
Cable identification: create space for increased profits
The art of panel building is about packing as much as possible into a space that is as compact as possible. You can free up space by virtue of systematic cable routing and professional cable marking. Fast, hassle-free component assembly also saves time. We constantly examine these factors for the sake of your efficient control panel design. The HellermannTyton name has been synonymous with sophisticated and continuously optimised cable management solutions for decades. T-Series cable ties are just one of the cost-effective products we offer. Their specially angled tail section facilitates quick and easy insertion every time.
Or take the CTAM1 mount, which has been made with minimum height in mind to enable installation in even the smallest spaces. What’s more, its 4-way entry design offers a high degree of flexibility and rapid processing.
Following the premise of redefining time and space in panel building, we develop high-performance cable management solutions – for the success of your business.
Cable identification that lasts: Helagrip and Ovalgrip
To combat ageing and to enhance legibility, these cable markers are precisely printed with a laser printer. Thanks to the easy slide mechanism of the identification reels with Helagrip (chevron cut) and Ovalgrip (straight cut) and the secure locking together of the markers, they are quick and convenient to work with.
Marking and bundling in one: Q-ties and Q-tags
Time is precious. And you can save a good 25 per cent of it with our Q-Series cable ties. The open head design enables the fastest repetitive bundling time ever.
For easy cable identification, use the matching Q-tag system and discover just how cost-effective cable management can be.
A great-value alternative to plastic signs: panel labels
Because most of the money is earned in procurement, our panel labels are worth their weight in gold and are available in a wide range of sizes.
HellermannTyton panel labels represent a smart alternative to engraved plastic signs and are easy to print using the thermal transfer method and boast optimum grip on uneven surfaces.
Self-laminating for flexible use: RiteOn
You can’t beat manual labelling products when it comes to flexible identification. Our self-laminating RiteOn labels come in a handy dispenser, are well protected against moisture and – thanks to a stable protective laminate – are also abrasion-resistant.
Protection and order when space is at a premium: our wiring ducts
Special space-saving shapes: these unique wiring ducts are designed for height and give you more lateral space. They come with blunted edges that protect the cable insulation and make them safer to work with during installation and maintenance.
Optimum protection for cables and fitters.
The HTWD-PN wiring ducts are used in switch cabinets and switching stations and are very well suited to cables with small cross sections.
1) The smooth, burr-free edges protect the fitter and the cables.
2) The cover is firmly in place, even under challenging conditions such as vertical installation and vibration. Flush cover on the side for optimum use of space. The wiring ducts must therefore also be mounted close to the cover.
3) Burr-free removal of ribs using perforated break points.
4) Wall segments can also be removed burr-free using perforated break points.
Little helpers that make the work easier: CL-120X60 wiring duct clips
Anyone who has ever used these clips to install complex cable harnesses knows just how much time they help save.
Never again will vertical cabling fall out of the wiring duct whilst you are still laying cables elsewhere!
Less is more.
An old saying backed up by technology
Cable identification is a highly specialised area with one key goal: efficiency for the user. WIC cable markers from HellermannTyton have always been quick to install, but it’s not in our nature to rest on our laurels. Quite the opposite. After interviewing customers, analysing study results and crunching numbers, one of our product developers in France produced a prototype for a revised WIC cable marker on his 3D printer.
In a nutshell, we made targeted savings on material to boost performance. At one key point, a reduced wall thickness enhances splay when pushing the marker onto the cable and boosts reset speed.
Click! And the new WIC0 cable marker is securely in place.*
Less really is more. HellermannTyton to a T.
Quick solutions needed?
If you would like guidance to the right solution for your needs,speedy and professional advice is just a call away:
+49 (0)4122 7010.
Order now: prototype kit for panel building
Product finder for panel building
You will find a large selection of cable management solutions for panel building here.
Catalogues in pdf format
Please click on the image to easily and quickly download your personal edition of the newest catalogue in pdf format:
In focus at the Light+Building fair
See how we presented HelaTape insulation tapes and RELICON cast resin joints at the world's biggest light and building technology expo: